Thursday, November 7, 2013

Nov. 5th Assignment

Link: http://www.youramazingplaces.com/40-unusual-and-creative-statue-and-sculpture-art-part-1/

Sculpture: #5

Title: Giant Tap

Location: Tecnopark Winterur, Switzerland

      This piece really caught my attention on the website because I have seen it in person. We were driving by to go to a museum and everyone started peeling to the windows to look at this crazy sculpture. To this day, it still fascinates me how it appears to be structurally unsound and floating. It really captivates my attention because, other than the fact that it looks like it's floating, the faucet is such a brilliant and metallic gold; gold always makes me think of luxury. The placement of the sculpture, I also find interesting, because, although most sculptures and statues are in parks, this was at the edge of a park near a motor freeway (or a street, I don't really remember) leaving it in clear and easy view. The water also captivated my attention because I couldn't fully understand the artist's real motive behind making a faucet.

No comments:

Post a Comment